Friday, December 16, 2011

Wasabi Chocolate

The Mighty Marg and I were wandering around the gardens at Chi Lin Nunnery in Diamond Hill today when we saw a sign for home-made chocolates and decided to check it out. Can you believe it?  She was selling wasabi chocolate!  Marg thought it was too weird for words however I decided that she needed to expand her comfort zone and so, when she wasn't looking, I bought her a couple.

It was really just a joke but the lady proudly packed them so beautifully for us ...


... and the presentation was just so lovely I felt mean for treating her product so lightly, so I bullied Mighty Marg into eating one ... and only two bites and she's desperately reaching for the tissues.


However, being a right clever smarty pants, she managed to find the exact right drink to take away the wasabi-bite:


So now you have a new fact for your foodie arsenal: Cedraia is the perfect drink to accompany Wasabi Chocolate.

And then she challenged me to eat the other, and though I'd like to say I refused, I didn't. I'm willing to expand my comfort zone, and can tell you that wasabi chocolate has a vicious bite ... but five minutes later you feel like more.

So Mighty Marg, also with an entirely new comfort zone, went back and bought more ... but as a gift for Judy, although I'm not sure if this counts as a pass-it-forward joke or if she genuinely wanted to share an entirely new taste sensation, or if it was just that she really liked the little red box they came in.

No comments: