Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Desperate letter to Rayna

Rayna, help! Can't make this bloody house work. Can you identify the problem for me? Talei says the blue around the door is wrong and needs to be truer and deeper.

Is she right?

You can also see here that we're waayyy unsure of what colour to paint the eaves. I'm actually thinking that we should mix my "invented red" at the end and the "Mango" next to it. Can you see that working?

Here's a shot of the place before we added the blue.

You can see this is wrong too, although my mosaic gecko looks much stronger without the blue around the door. However, the blue cannot go because the whole theme is Mexican and that's at the very heart of the scheme.

There were about twenty attempts to get the red right for the door. It was so very tricky that is NOT about to be changed either.

And Jane kept saying before I started "I'm not so sure about that sienna. It's such a difficult colour to get right." so, since I overrode her, we MUST make it all work somehow.

And the really worst part is that Jane said last night "I've always loved everything you've ever done but I don't love this. However, I trust you and I know you'll fiddle with it till you get it right." ... which makes me feel really bad and sooo under pressure to come up with a last minute "Ta dah!!" but, curses!, I'm not sure I have it in me ... at least not without your expert eye!

Please help me come up with "Ta dah!!!"

Later: Rayna suggested I go for these colours. Although I love it, Baby Jane will need to give her approval. Afterall, she's buying the paint.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2258/1804381664_d0bdc965f3.jpg?v=0

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, check out this photo and see if you like the colour balances: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2258/1804381664_d0bdc965f3.jpg?v=0 Personally, I'd paint the door surround purple and the door bright strong turquoise -- and the eaves hot pink. I also think it needs a splash of bright yellow and a teensy splash of lime somewhere. And some proper orange. The red has to be really strong and clear, too -- I don't like the red on the door and it does nothing with that blue. Love, R xxx

Denise said...

Amazing house! Mmmm, I'll show Jane and see what she says ... but I'm all for it BIGTIME!

Denise said...

That was meant to be "amazing for a house"!

Anonymous said...

I agree about the red being too bland. Mexucan is usually hotter like chilli. Love the mosaic and the patterning around the door looks good. Check out Rayna's style books.
K.