Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Manila Plans!

Talei will be busy all day everyday, so I'm planning to hire a driver and car to take me around to see all the stuff I've decided is sooo worth seeing. Here's what I've put together so far for my tours of Manila:

Day One: 
1) pay tribute at the shrine of Jose Rizal 
2) check out Intramuros to compare with old part of Macau (a Spanish v Portuguese thing)
3) see for myself the centuries-old mind-boggling 3-D painting on the ceiling of San Agustin.
4) check out the reputedly astonishing stained-glass windows in the Manila Cathedral.

Day Two:
1) check out modern Philippine art at Ayala, which should take hours.
2) perhaps a drop-by the supposedly astonishingly fabulous Chinese cemetery ... although I have seen documentaries on the homeless people who live there so I won't do this alone!

Day Three: 
1) Casa Manila! One of the few Spanish mansions not bombed by Americans and Japanese during WWII ... now a museum! Must see! 
2)  Bahay Tsinoy, a Chinese mansion from the same period, which I want to see to compare the two lifestyles. I just LOVE doing stuff like that.

After that, I'm open to suggestions!  Any ideas about what I'm going to kick myself when I find out about them later? 

Oooh, apparently there's a famous now-elderly lady-boy singer who gives tourists a Drag Queen Tour of Manila that is meant to be sooo funny, it's a must-do! Let me see if I can find out more!

No comments: