Saturday, February 26, 2011

Marianne Faithful Concert!

Marianne Faithful is in concert here in HK on March 7 and 8.  I can't wait.

In fact, when I read it was happening, I put it to Keith in the most simple terms I could think of: "We are going to this concert or you will be killed in your sleep.  The choice is yours!"

I have long adored Our Patron Saint Marianne. Could that BE any more Emo of me?

I mean, "Broken English" WAS the early 80s for me.  Andrea and I, driving around Brisbane at night, Marianne on the car stereo playing LOUD!!!  Happy, happy times!  Nice nice memories!

In fact, let me find something for you ... well, actually for ME.  I feel like a bit of Saint Marianne right now:



Now, while listening to this, just imagine you're 19 and driving through a warm night in an old "practically a wreck" blue car, windows down, warm wind through your hair, one of a bunch of goth-dressed, proto-Emo Chicks, singing this at the top of your lungs.  That how I recall it!

And if you too want to relive a little of your past too, you can order tickets at www.urbtix.hk or 852-21115999.  Details at: www.hk.artsfestival.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It annoys me that everyone you thought was super-cool back then is still thought super-cool today. Didn't you have any dud choices for heroes like the rest of us.

xxx youknowwho!