Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lady Gaga's Clothes. For Joa.

Nicola Formichetti, Lady Gaga's stylist, has brought out a range of clothing in HK and Lady Gaga has kindly lent a selection of her outfits to celebrate the opening.

 Me and Gaga-style!

Naturally I was there to check them out.  I mean, Lady Gaga's clothes?  How can anyone resist? Anyway, I took lots of shots of them and was thinking "Who do I know who'd love to see these?" and then remember Joa James, the wonderful young clothing designer in Singapore, so I wrote and asked if he'd like to see them and he wrote back saying he'd seriously love to, thus this post is for him:


 Rubber wear!
I wouldn't advise making 
that hat.  I'm sure the fumes
would be toxic.

 This is beautiful, but I think it would 
set off my rust allergies.

 Body suits.

 Absolutely the most beautiful dress
in the most extraordinary fabric.

Check out the heels on those shoes!

 The hair body suit!

but in gorgeous fabric. 


 And the wedding dress!

Nick is obviously a very clever and original designer and I really only found one piece a tad derivative.


 Vivien Westwood during her "Sex" phase, 
back in the 70s, yes?

And knowing how much you adore shoes, Joa, how about these ones:


I'll leave these larger so you can really check them out:


And here's a quick glance at Nick's own "Lady Gaga Collection" that we can all buy for ourselves:



Love?  Anyway, Joa, enjoy!

No comments: