Sunday, March 23, 2008

Introducing ME!!!

Hi, I'm Denise. I'm a new blogger and don't have a lot of idea of how to go about these things. All I know is that everyone I send letters to about my travels always say "You really should have a blog!" so that's the intention of this thing: letting people I don't know, into my world. I guess I'll start by putting up the letters from past travels people have loved the most and take it from there.

But you want to know about me: I'm Denise. I'm from Fiji, born and raised. I am too old to tell you my age, and have been married to a New Zealander, Keith, for way too long.

Five years ago, when Keith and I were living in Townsville in North Queensland, he had a mini-mid-life crisis and decided he wanted to do something more meaningful with the rest of his days, so we moved to Hong Kong so he could teach mentally handicapped children.  Yes, he's quite the saint these days.

I used to be an Ancient History teacher, but these days I'm a tai tai - a HK housewife with nothing more to do with my days than have lunch and facials - and a damn fine life it is too. 

Anything else you want to know about me, you'll just have to read my letters and maybe get to know me better.




No comments: