Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Euramo Back-roads, North Queensland

Because I'm frankly quite mad, I've decided to throw in photos I took along the Euramo Back-road.

Euramo Back-road
And please note
it's also a gorgeous photo!

I always take this road by choice when traveling between Innisfail and Townsville because, um, well, it's one of the world's leading UFO hot-spots and I'm intrigued and, well, kinda hoping.

Seems there was a visitation here in August 1966 of a giant mother-ship and lots of smaller ones and they hovered for several days. At a party, several years ago, I asked several lovely old Italian men who've lived in this area their whole lives "Did this really happen?" and they instantly snapped back into Italian and started arguing with each other. "What are they fighting about?", I asked one of the grandchildren. "The actual number of smaller space-ships and the colour they were." I was told. (Seems they all agreed about everything to do with the giant mother-ship, which they'd seen clearly, but disagreed about whether there were 14 or 17 other craft, which may have been orange or red.)

There have been dozens of visits since. So many, it's now ranked in the top five of the world's UFO hot-spot ... so, if you just put aside the whole mad-arse aspect of it, the real question becomes "What did they find? And why do they keep coming back for it?"

Because, well, I can't help myself in the face of mysteries, I had to find out what was so special about the Euramo Back-road, so I did a heap of research and discovered it has two very special features, which are also shared by the four other top UFO hot-spots: isolation and natural springs with water that is pure to over 1:13,000,000 part.

Water! Extremely pure water! It's comes up through ancient lava scoria and is so filtered it's wonderful. You can actually buy it. It's called "Rain Farm". There's a family who bottles it up in those mountains. I suggested they advertise as "The preferred water of the Galaxy" but they didn't find that funny.

To me, the need for pure water suggests these UFOs have hydrogen engines and Euramo Back-road is their filling station. This also means I always have my eyes to the skies as I travel through this extremely pretty cane-growing area.

But, on this day, the skies remained clear. See:

No UFOs

No UFOs

Still No UFOs

And if you want to know if I've ever seen anything ... well, the answer is ... yes, and no, I don't want to talk about it!

No comments: