Friday, April 23, 2010

Keith's Dream House. For Robert!

Robert wants to see the house Keith says he wants to buy for his retirement - when he wants to live off the grid and grow his own food and be a total hippy again - and here it is:


It's been abandoned for decades and needs a lot of work and although his plans make me go "Ahhhh!", I just long to get my hands on it so I can do things with it.  Nice shape, huh! Lots and lots going for it.

It stands alone on a rise in trees beside a beach that doesn't have currents that pull in garbage, the only beach in the area that doesn't.  And the only way to reach it is by boat or a three hour hike across that mountain you can see in the background.  And on the beach itself is this little Tin Hau temple ... let's see if I can find a photo?

The view from Keith's dream house.

Everything in the temple is exceptionally clean and well cared for but there isn't a soul around for an entire three hours hike, so I'm guessing someone boats in every day to take care of things:


And I think the reason for all this care and attention is this huge oven on the other end of the beach, which definitely isn't used to make pizza. 


All in all, putting everything together, I'm guessing this is a very important site where the Tanka fisherfolk come to cremate their dead and I'm really concerned - or so I'm claiming - about the feng shui of only ever seeing folks in mourning.

So, even though I'd sincerely LOVE to do up that house, I'm not going much at all to encourage Keith to track down the owners in order to buy it.

No comments: