Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Art of Art!

Apropos nothing - as least that's as much as I'm saying - I'm trying to select my five favourite images of Art Frahm's masterpieces.



Spoiled for choice here:  I love that one above, but I think I want something more thematic: I want groceries, I want men in caps, I want celery!  And I'm wanting the deeply disturbing Freudian symbolism of an open purse.




So those are the five I think I want.  But there are so many more amazing ones:

And this one may not have the man in a hat ...


 ... but it does have that elastic-zapping radioactive celery.

Oh dear!  What to choose!  What to choose!  I don't have the wall space for more than five.  I don't even have the wall space for five!  But other people have walls too, don't they!  Baby Jane's guest house is screaming for art, and maybe that art is the art of Art Frahm!

Whatcha reckon, Baby Jane? Get the lot and let you worry where to hang them?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're having a very cute new two-bedroom guest house/cottage being built for us as we speak, but I won't offer to hang your Frahms in it because, well, I don't want to.

I would happily hang Lynches in it, though!

x

Anonymous said...

I prefer the ones without the leering men. The leering men make it sinister

Anonymous said...

Baby Jane agrees with you, however, and says she'd only hang the first one!

Anonymous said...

I think I like the first one the best.