Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Pacific Through Asian Eyes!

I liked these paintings, although I'm not sure how to take them.


A Maori by Indonesian artist 
Chatchai Puipia.

And I've lost my record of who this artist is, but I really like his/her style ...



... although not so sure of his/her vision of us!  Very Mardi Gras, yeah?

But this latter artist I do remember from last year, not because of the power of his/her artistic vision but because s/he makes such amazing picture frames:

Brooches stuck into fimo?

Actually, I adore picture frames.  Back when I was a kid, my parents took us to The Louvre.  I found all those endless corridors of paintings of sickly-looking white skin really quite repugnant ... so I checked out the pictures frames instead.  They really are stunning, you know.

But then ... whoops, shouldn't really tell you this - think of it as a confession - I noticed that amazing shiny parquetry flooring and decided it would give you a really good ride.  So, with a good running start, I was off, flinging myself onto the ground and, yes, it indeed gave me the ride of my life.

And I have to say that it's totally the best way to view the paintings at the Louvre, zooming past at a rapid pace, especially after all those elderly, doddering guards start chasing you.

Yee ha! How I do love Art!

No comments: