Thursday, July 24, 2008

What Kills Us This Week!

We are off travelling for a month so won't be blogging much and certainly won't be updating this Weekly Killers of HK Feature, so this is the last for a while.

Wasn't going to do it this week, only I must share the cutest thing that's just happened.

See, because the weather has been so foul recently and we're off downunder to winter-climes for a month, I haven't bothered to get my summer clothes out of storage. This means I'm still blatting around in the lightest of my winter clothes, despite it being quite hot this last week. And, yes, the vast number of my winter clothes are black! (so Darlinghurst, darling!!!)

Anyway, what's happened this week is that the Old "Tai Chi" Dears in our building (they're down in the Park every morning at 5 am doing their Tai Chi) have been shaking their heads when they see me, wagging their fingers side-to-side and saying "Mo black! Mo black!"

Then, just now in the lift, the Sweetest Old Dear, who doesn't usually speak a word of English, waggled her finger at me and said in perfectly phrased, perfectly modulated, Chinglish-free phonetically-learned English and with absolute seriousness. "You must not wear black in this weather. You will get heat stroke and die!"

Don't you just love it? Can you just see her there, hunting up this phrase, then practising and practising it until she got it down perfectly, and then, undoubtedly, riding up and down in the lift so she'd eventually catch me and get to say it to me.

I sooo love these Elderly Darlings!

In fact, she's gone to so much trouble I now feel obligated to find something white to wear today out to the airport and then I can change back into my winter blacks in the toilets ... or something like that.

Anyway, that's my weekly ...

THREATDOWN

Wearing black in summer!

And let's check out HK Magazine and discover their ...

THREATDOWN

Wow, it's a Tuberculosis Epidemic!

If you recall, that was my threatdown from a fortnight back! I soooo beat them to it!

No comments: