Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Accidental Bookseller.

Went looking for friend Christine's blog "The Incidental Bookseller" and accidentally typed in "Accidental Bookseller" ... and discovered an absolute miracle:

Accidental Bookseller.

I have fallen hopelessly in love with this blog.

Helene is a French woman living in Edinburgh and she rocks my world. I LOVE knowing that someone like her exists on this planet. I also now wish my blog was more like hers!

What I most love, apart from her amazing drawings, is that whatever she talks about sparks something in me, and I really want to 'comment' "I know. I know."

And what is totally astonishing is how much her self-drawing looks like my old cartoon persona 'Danger Mouth'. A zillion years ago, I used to have a cartoon strip in a old University Magazine, called "Danger Mouth" , based on my own adventures of sticking-my-foot-in-my-mouth. It was always things like me saying to a friend I hadn't seen for a while "You've lost weight. You look fabulous. What's the secret?" "Leukemia!"

I'm still forever doing things like that, but I'm so used to it now I don't feel the need to keep a record of these "ahhhhh!" moments!

Hey, I do have a single "Danger Mouth" image left in my life. Well, actually it's in a friend's life. I made it for her because she loved cowgirls, and accidentally drew my own 'Danger Mouth' face on it. Let me see if I can find it:

Very faded these days!

But this is really about Helene and her fabulous blog. Do have a look:

Do you too LOOVVVVE?

1 comment:

H5L5N5 said...

Wow! Thank you Denise ♥
And cheers me up especially today as I'm stuck in bed with a nasty cold, to the sound of my neighbours hammering one of his walls.