Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What Kills Us This Week.

Al-Qaeda this week has pronounced Jihad on China over what's happening up there in Urunmqui near Tibet.

I think the Han are behaving appallingly with what they're doing to the Urghars, attempting to destroy their language and culture along with their city, but I wouldn't wish Jihad on anybody.

Hong Kong, naturally, given our predilection for panic, believe that, because they know China is quite mad and always downright scary, cowardly Al-Qaeda will do suicide-bombings here instead. I don't think it's impossible - although my vote is that it will all go down in Africa - but also think, if they did attack Hong Kong, it would be most unfair because we, like the Urghars in Urunmqui, are desperately fighting against the Han in Beijing to retain our own Identity, Language, Rights and Freedoms.

However, I do find it very ironic that, up in Mainland China, a lot of Chinese have said to me - it's a common dinner party conversation - things along the lines of "You people in the West really should learn your own history. It's strange to us that you all don't know from your own past dealings with Arab Muslims that these are an insane and vengeful people, who still seek blood-revenge after a thousand years. You think the West would know already that you don't make them angry!"

Well, HUH! Guess the Han don't learn from history either. Wasn't Genghis Khan an Urghar Muslim? Didn't he entirely overrun China? Then set himself up as Emperor? OK, OK, just realised that's not something you can really use to frighten Our Northern Brethren because Genghis's grandson Kublai Khan was a totally brilliant Emperor and all Chinese prospered under his Enlightened Rule.

Hey, wow, did you know that Genghis Khan had red hair and green eyes? I certainly didn't; at least not until googling it just now. And if I had known, I wouldn't have been so surprised at my first sight of "the Yolgers", that I once talked about in here.

But, anyway, to choose our Big Panic this week?

THREATDOWN

JIHAD!

(I was going to say lots of mean things in here,
but decided, for obvious reasons,
to avoid irking these folk.)

No comments: