Sunday, May 16, 2010

Didi's Wedding!

Didi and Andre's wedding was, after everything, beautiful.  There's no real story here but let me simply show you a few of the photos:


Mmm, look at those balloon tassels hanging over Didi's face and you can barely see her behind the candle.  This is too difficult selecting the best from thumbnails so let me go into the application and blow them all up so I can select properly.

OK, now the trick is remembering which I've selected:





And here's the image I really liked and thought Didi was so right to include as an important and meaningful part of the ceremony:



See those candles?  Didi insisted they have one representing her family and one representing Andre's family, then they both lit a flame from their family's and together lit the central candle representing that they were starting a NEW family. And with such a seriously strong pair of mothers ...


 ... I suspect this is something they'll have to refer to often! 


And just to tease Baby Jane, let me include only one of the many that shows the strange balls of white light that started when Tirangi sang her "sanctifying the space" song:


 Wait, let's see if I can find a clearer one:


Although I find it most curious that one followed Jamie into the jungle when he snuck off mid-ceremony for a quick smoke:

Look at it, right over his face.

And Jamie has the most amazing photographs of 'em too, and his are the only photos  I've seen so far ... and dammit if every one of his photos aren't better than mine!  That boy has a seriously good eye for image!

Anyway, Jane, no, these strange white light balls are not orbs. Although I do acknowledge that is definitely an orb Talei has in the empty space next to her:


And just to be especially mean, here's a photo of the strange human-shaped light I thought I saw in the tree-line ... although I didn't get a very clear shot of it:


So that's me getting immensely silly, so I'd better stop now.

Didi's wedding!  Just a gorgeous occasion!  And, yes, mum would definitely have been there if she could, so I won't laugh at Baby Jane as much as I normally would!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The photos Jamie put on facebook were Thomas's ones, the video was his.