Thursday, June 19, 2008

Have Visa, Will Travel!

Got the visa today and so am off to China ...
Finally, a chance to spend
my leftover yuan

... up to the world of roof-trees and angry beggars! Guangzhou. Looking forward to it, and will take heaps of photos to place wwayyy back there in this blog, in my posting all about Guangzhou, the biggest city in Guangdong.

Although I have to work, I've also been told there's a factory outlet warehouse for designer handbags in the immediate vicinity. Mmm mmmmm! And I'm going to be looking for shower curtains, Molly, so will keep out an eye on your behalf!

I'm thinking too, since I had to endure a long and tedious lecture from a visa official all about how I am only allowed to stay one month per pass - and I'm only really going up for a day's work except you're not allowed to stay only a day - that I may just stay longer.

I'd like to go back to Shamian Dao for a day or two. I also have a posting about this fabulous place wwayyy back there. It really is sublime, and I'll get photos this time to prove it to you.

And I've heard there's an entire district that sells the most amazing shoes! I'm sure Halley will be able to fill me in on where that is. And ... well, I'll tell you more when I get back.

No comments: