Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Silliest T-shirt on the Planet: #1

Collette challenged me ages ago to find her "The Worst T-shirt in China". I have hunted far and wide and, yes indeed, there are always so very, very many stupid T-shirts ... and that's the problem! I'm always so spoiled for choice, it's difficult to decide on just one.

However, in Li Wan Square, I came across this and think I may just have found it:



The shop had millions of them. Literally. When I said I wanted to buy one, I was offered three for the same price. Three? Hell, why not take nine! Twelve! But, no, no matter what the offer, Ol-Meanie-Me!, I insisted I only take one.

So, what do you think, Collette? Is this it? Naturally, if you like it, it will be popped into the mail for you ASAP!

And if you think I can do better, I'll keep looking. Hey, maybe this could become a regular feature!

The Hunt to Find the Worst T-Shirt on the Planet!

Later: Thinking it may be a good idea to find out who Joseph Kabila is, I googled and discovered that he is indeed President of the Congo, from 2001 till today!

Also, here's what I found that's not so funny: "Young Joseph, aged 25, was the commander of the famous army of "kadogos" (child soldiers) (bet they based that revolting character in "Blood Diamonds" on him!) and played a key role in major battles on the road to Kinshasa. Following the AFDL's victory, Laurent Kabila (his dad) rose to the presidency, and Joseph Kabila went on to get further training at the National Training Center, in Beijing, China!"

He then came back from China, and shortly after his father Laurent, the President, was shot dead and Joseph stepped in to fill the void as the new President! Mmmmmm! This T-shirt is funnier than I even realised!

And even later: Rejected! Collette thinks I need to try harder! Here's an extract from her e-mail:

... tried to put a message on your blog but couldn't work out how it was done ...

... SO I think it is back to the drawing board for you, my girl. It has to be hideous remember! In the meantime I will be trying my hardest from this end of the world to outdo you ...

... might start a new blog site for this alone.

No comments: