Monday, March 23, 2009

Sichuan Earthquake photo!

Going through my photo files looking for the Lamma ambulance, I came across so many strange and wonderful shots I really should share.

One of them, which I've decided not to delete, is taken at the exact nano-second the reverberation from the Sichuan earthquake passed through HK, a frightening 2.07 minutes after it hit up in Sichuan.

Bookworm Vegetarian Cafe, 
Lamma Island.

Although the quake was thousands of miles to the north, here it felt just like a train passing by and I really only picked it up because my elbows were resting on the table as I took this shot.

Look at all the happy smiling people.  Not even an inkling that, up on the Mainland, millions are being terrorised, buildings are falling, and thousands are dying.

And so this photo, although genuinely awful, is actually a historical document thus, on a visceral level,  I feel I should keep it.

No comments: