Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Smallest Ambulance in the World!

At dinner last night, Jason was talking about how Lamma Island has the smallest fire-engine and the smallest ambulance in the entire world and that he'd long wanted to see them.

Although I've never seen their fire-engine, I promised to show him the photo I took of their ambulance, so I'm off now into my frighteningly enormous and disorganised collection of photographs to see if I can find it.

This is it, I think! No. That's the world's smallest garbage truck. Mmmm! Really hard to see properly in those thumbnails. But I do know I have a shot of it someplace, only it took me two hours to locate this one and my neck now hurts so, instead of looking for it, I'm going off for a massage.

Next day:

Gosh, I really do need to organise my photos.  Discovered a whole pile I didn't even remember I had.  And it was indeed in the last place I looked that I found ...


THE WORLD'S SMALLEST AMBULANCE.

And it's still too big for those streets.

2 comments:

keith pillinger said...

Dear Denise
Browsing through your comments on the web and obviously interesting, but there is a much smaller ambulance quarter the size of your photograph used for transporting children/babies etc. fully registered with the British Government and used regularly around the city of Bristol, England. As you can see from Worlds Smallest Ambulance.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Keith Pillinger

Denise said...

I'm always pleased when I find I'm wrong. No chance of a photo of it, is there?