Sunday, April 26, 2009

Being Fair-Minded

Yes, I know I always fall about laughing over Keith's Annual Big Day Out, but I have actually organised one of these myself.

It happened last year in Australia when I decided to treat Baby Jane's hardworking WWOOFERS to a "Big Day Out". Since they wanted to see Australian wildlife and were interested in snakes, I took them to a local lizard and snake farm, and here's what happened:


No. Sadly, I didn't think to take photos of the rows and rows of empty cages so I can't show you.

Seems there was some sort of snake and lizard epidemic going around that I hadn't heard about so all this farm's specimens were in quarantine and so ... well, it was ALMOST a trip worthy of a "P&F Big Day Out." except ...



... crocodiles aren't lizards and so were exempt and the snake farmer kindly gave the girls some to play with, and they were immensely thrilled and that made up for everything.

No comments: