Monday, April 6, 2009

The Chicken Story!

Lady R., who has an M.A. in public relations, always says she finds my chicken story totally mind-boggling, so I think she needs to see a couple of photographs of the HK7s that will boggle her mind even more.

But first up, The Chicken Story: Cousin Bill was sent someplace I won't name to assess the veracity of something I won't tell you ... but it was a big story so when he came to issue the results of his findings, which were that there was no truth to the story, he was inundated by the world media.

I saw the press conference on the news and he was great, very articulate and credible ... except ... he was holding a chicken. Yup, there was Cousin Bill in front of the world media carrying in his arms a large red chicken.

It was so very odd, the next day I rang my aunt and told her I'd seen Bill on the news and wanted to know why he was carrying a chicken. She said "Yes, he WAS carrying a chicken! I rang him this morning to ask him why and he abused me and said he was sick of people asking him that - even his boss had phoned him, irate - because HE WASN'T CARRYING A CHICKEN!!!

Anyway, heard from another cousin later that Bill's protests about NO CHICKEN were silenced when his boss sat him down and made him watch the news conference, and he saw for himself there was indeed a chicken and he simply couldn't explain it because it was a huge mystery to him how this suddenly-materialising chicken-thing could have happened.

Well, here's a possible explanation:

See this huddle of the Fiji team? See "the chicken in their midst"? See how no one's noticing "the chicken in their midst"?
Thanking Mai Turanga for the Victory!

Here's how he did it. It was just after Fiji defeated England ... and "chicken" sneaks out onto the field. He lurks around his team of choice ...

... and waits for a critical moment ...

Fiji's coach entering the circle

... and he chooses that moment to slip himself in as well.

Voila! Success!!
The Chicken has struck!

So that's undoubtedly the solution to Cousin Bill's Chicken Mystery! Someone, maybe someone protesting his findings, waited for a critical moment when he was hugely distracted, maybe when he was surrounded by people all talking, and inundated with people handing him things, and, at the very last minute must have handed him a chicken and then taken it away later.

Voila! Not mind-boggling at all. Now I wonder how we can turn this new-found knowledge to our own advantage!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure it wasn't the team's bitch? Reminds me of the gorilla and basketball experiment.

Anonymous said...

No matter how many times I hear it, the story cracks me up. "Chicken in the Midsts" (tantalisingly not unlike "Gorillas in the Mists", I note) is the best! Love, R xxx