Sunday, January 10, 2010

Brother of XXX


How cool is this?  Yesterday, sauntering through the Art Galleries, I actually met ...


 Not-Yue Mingjun and not-his-reflection.

No, it wasn't Yue Mingjun ...

Well, the story goes that I spotted this art dealer and thought I recognised him and said "You look very familiar? Are you ...?" then realised he was instantly stricken and thought "oops!" so changed tack mid sentence and said "... Yue Mingjun?", which was the first thing I could think of since, as I've mentioned before, I think XXX looks exactly like the character in Yue Mingjun paintings. However, he obviously knew what I was really about to say but thankfully began to laugh.

So this segued into a chat about Yue Mingjun and how much we admired his work and he told me he'd actually once owned an original only had sold it.

As we were leaving, charming fellow's equally charming partner stopped us and said "He isn't who you think he is, he's his brother, and the family is very ashamed by the connection, so thank you for not mentioning him, and please, don't tell anyone where he is, and please don't mention him in connection with his brother."

So, I have kept my word, only leaving you to guess who this fellow's brother XXX is.

No comments: