Monday, January 18, 2010

New Zealand Film

Yes, we have been neglecting New Zealand but I honestly do intend to come back to the subject. And today I shall.

Here's something I discovered that really surprised me: what was on the published list of 2009's top grossing films in the country.

Taking them from highest to lowest, here they are:

NZ'S FAVOURITE FILMS
2009

Avatar
Gomorrah
Up
District 9
An Education
The Class
Mary and Max
Man on Wire
Samson and Delilah
I've Loved You for So Long.
500 Days of Summer
Hunger
In the Loop
The Cove
Star Trek 11
Tyson
Julie and Julia
Milk
Inglorious Basterds
Frozen River

Extraordinary, isn't it, how many of these none of us have heard of.  In fact, I'm going to look them up and find out what I can because ... well, why didn't the rest of us ever get to see 'em.

No comments: