Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chocolate Rain

 In a recent post, I talked about Ianbo's incredibly cute giant statue sitting on the pavement next to his shop.  Let's see if I can find it again:


In the previous post I suggested that he'd made it for Chocolate Rain.

He didn't.

Chocolate Rain is a tiny HK company run by two of the sweetest little girls ...

 One of our two tiny little gorgeous artists.

... who are trying to teach always flashy 'latest, newest, most expensive' Hong Kong to love old and recycled.  I've been to a couple of their Exhibitions and I really admire what they do.  Let's see if I've kept any of the photos:




 Only a tiny sample of Chocolate Rain's work.
Do you love?

Looking at that, you can see how Ianbo's giant statue is from a different aesthetic, so now I've got to track down which artist I think he's created it for.

I know I've been to an Exhibition of this other artist's work recently, so I'll go hunt through my photographs now and hopefully be back in a minute or so with a name:


No, I cannot find a single photo I took at the Carrie Chau exhibition, so if you're interested just click on the link above and you can check her out for yourself and see if I'm right. 

However, if the statue Ianbo has sitting outside his gallery means that temporary installations are returned to him ... and what an exciting thought that is ... maybe it means I can lay my hands on these Chocolate Rain gems ...





Wouldn't you just LOVE to have those chairs in your garden?

Of course it would have to be in a heavily forested garden, maybe in a little private copse where you'd come across them unexpectedly and ... mmmm, now I'm off in some fantasy of my 'one-day' dream garden, which is a very nice place to be so I might stay here for a while.

In the meantime, check 'em out: Chocolate Rain and Carrie Chau, three very fine Hong Kong artists.

Later: 

Hey, just found out.  The statue above is indeed by Carrie Chau and is called "Blind Fly", and you can buy miniature 9" versions for HK$3500.  Go into her website and you can order them there

No comments: