Thursday, April 24, 2008

CHATACHAP MARKETS, BANGKOK, THAILAND

When you're next in Bangkok, you must go to Chatachap Markets. They are frankly extraordinary. To reach there without any fuss or bother, take the skyrail and get off at the last stop on the line.

I have yet to find any of the letters I wrote about this astonishing place, but, in the meantime, here are a few shots taken around the markets. I would download a lot more, only this blogger doesn't seem to want to let me.

CHATACHAP MARKETS, BANGKOK

Street entertainment.
A surprisingly good banjo band.

Gorgeous ceramics.

Dancing girls.


Home-made hand
bags in Thai silk.
I got the one in purple.

An Australian classic, but
home-made in gorgeous colours.

A ruby.
And, yup, that's its real size.


Gemstones.

Hand-woven silks.
Made on a loom.

No comments: