Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Trouble with HKCC

HKCC has a policy of hiring little old lady street cleaners. I totally approve because these Grumpy Grandmas are so "house proud" the streets are always immaculate; in fact these ladies treat it like it's almost a personal affront that you wear shoes on their nice pavements. (I'll have to get a photo of some of them to show you.)

However, during HK7s weekend, I discovered a downside to this policy:

Thursday night, I spotted a row of bottles atop a high service box on Lockhart Road. They were still there on Friday night. And they still hadn't been spotted by Saturday. I was so charmed by the oversight, I took a photo:

SATURDAY AFTERNOON:


And they were still there the next day so I took another photo and wondered how long before Grumpy Grandma spotted them.

SUNDAY AFTERNOON:

Well, here's what happened:

MONDAY NIGHT:
TUESDAY NIGHT:

WEDNESDAY NIGHT:

THURSDAY NIGHT:



But they were gone by Friday.

So that's the trouble with Hong Kong City Council.  Their street cleaners are such winsy wee things, they can't see what's above their heads.

OK, I'm sorry for the downright triviality of this posting, but these are the sort of things I find amusing.

No comments: