Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Obligatory "I Hate the French" rant!

OK, I have to say this. My conscience is forcing me!

Did you know, when the French were forced out of Laos after a century of occupation, "they left nothing behind but baguettes."? Or so the Laotians constantly tell you. Yes, Laos has truly great bread but when the Peoples Democratic Republic (and the less said about them the better) took over, there was no Health System, no Government, no Education System, no recognisable and comparable system of services anyplace, no road complex, (China built the roads), in fact, no infrastructure at all. And even today, there's not even a dairy industry, let alone medical services. (Although China is currently building them a hospital)

Coming from Fiji and living now in Hong Kong, where the British, during their century of occupation, set up an entire complex infrastructure with all the necessary services and industries, I am simply appalled at the French. Horrible, horrible arrogant people! I hope they are totally ashamed of themselves! Like TOTALLY!

But I doubt they feel any shame at all, considering that they are still behaving this way in the Pacific. Look at New Caledonia! Still doesn't have an Education System for the locals. In fact, they still haven't set up anything for the locals. And isn't it odd how any locals there who complain ALWAYS end up dead.

Gosh, how can these completely vile people live with themselves.

It's probably because I saw the most horrible incident at the Luang Prabang airport that I'm being so hostile to the French at the moment. As I was leaving, I saw a colonial French guy screaming abuse at his servant because the young boy was so slow to carry three suitcases and two backpacks from the car. And then, because the boy was so obviously struggling, the man's teenage son went to help and that set the hideous man off even more. It was a torrent of the most brutal rancour imaginable, right across the length of the airport, the upshot of which was that it wasn't the son's job to carry suitcases. And then, when the boy finally arrived at the desk with all the luggage, the vile arrogant pig-man punched him.

I took photographs of the whole incident with the intention of posting them at as many places as I could think of, with the intention of shaming Pig-Man, but I won't do it here.


Oops, where did that photo come from!

No comments: