Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hate Technology!

Took all these photographs of the fabulous deep blue sky out the window just now, to show you how beautiful Hong Kong can be on those rare occasions - 40 days a year they're now telling us - when the pollution blows away ... but now they won't download. Don't have any idea what's going on and it's making me so cross!

Still using the movie camera as a photo camera because Keith hasn't had time to "go-libra" on all the cameras on earth to choose one to replace the one that was stolen. As you know, Keith is the most annoying comparison shopper and it takes days, weeks even, to buy anything ... but I learned to thank him for this heinous trait during My Guangzhou Ordeal because my bag, against all the odds and under the very worst conditions, held together so beautifully.

But the upshot of this awful habit is that ... you don't get to see today's beautiful skies.

Hong Kong is currently in the grip of a heatwave. Temperatures day after day of 31 centigrade/88 fahrenheit . Yes, I know, I know, you're like me and have known real heatwaves with temperatures of 55 centigrade/131 fahrenheit and so you're already laughing ... but let me tell you that ... it's not the heat: it's the humidity. Oh boy, is it sticky and unpleasant and totally feels like 'prickly heat' on your skin! Not nice at all ...

... but luckily Keith's on holiday next week and so we're getting away. Yayyy!

No comments: