Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dog Days!

Too hot to think!  Horrid muggy awful days, although the sky is the sharpest
and most beautiful blue.

Apparently last year we had 40 of these clear blue days, where the usual pollution just vanishes,
so I really should be out there enjoying it.


Sorry I've been remiss about blogging this past week, but it's desperately humid
and so unpleasant in this room, and nothing is happening that makes it seem worth
putting up with all this just so I can tell you about it.

Today is no different, so let's choose an old letter at random and post that instead:

This one is from 2006.

1) Yesterday they had the police bravery medal presentations
down at Southorn Park, and to entertain at the ceremony they
had dragon dancers accompanied by a play-off between the
police pipe band and the army pipeband. When I saw that the
guys in kilts playing the bagpipes were all Chinese, I
raced down with my camera to take lots of photographs ... but
when I got down there discovered my battery was flat and knew
my sparewas also flat ... so I stood there simply watching as
the most amazing shots passed me by: all Sino-Scottish pipers
marching between a long red dragon, a long green dragon and a
long gold dragon.

Curses! Can you think of anything more quintessentially
Hong Kong?

2) The HK riot squad are now all saying that, thanks to the
WTO Riots, they've got millions of dollars worth of all this
"really cool equipment" and since they had so much fun with
the riots, they now want to instigate weekend war games over
in New Territories.

Don't you just love it?

No comments: