Sunday, August 29, 2010

All Mine!

Look what lovely hubby gave me for my birthday:


It's my very own Kwan Yin. In bronze too, solid, and very much bigger than it looks here. And it's so very heavy that, what with this horrible and painful neck spasm, I can't lift her out of her box.

I've been wanting a Kwan Yin for years, ever since that strange incident in Darlinghurst, and although I've seen plenty that were beautiful, I've never seen one with a face I liked. In most statues I've seen, she looks so unbearably smug and, although I'm sure Goddesses have every reason to feel smug, I just prefer ones that don't show it. This honey however has got a lovely face so kudos to Keith for an amazing choice.

And now I must go out and buy candles, flowers and incense to welcome her into my home.  You will recall that Talei brought me a bronze Thai Buddha last year and that lovely Thai lady said you must never bring a god or goddess into your home without welcoming them properly.  I should find that post for you, shouldn't I!  Here it is.

And you may also recall that very strange incident at the New Yuan Ming Palace in Zhuhai with that replica of the goddess!  Even though I've since talked myself out of believing that ever took place, I'm still not risking it and this goddess WILL be properly welcomed.  Or else!

No comments: