Monday, August 16, 2010

Bangkok Redux

 D.M.:P.I.

Currently slinking around Bangkok, trying to sort out my On Nuts from my Mo Chits, on an undercover operation of enormous mundanity, as I jaunt around Pratanum and Chatachap local markets.  Fun, fun, fun and feeling all James Bond and unbearably chuffed with myself, although if you knew the truth - the "Oh, while you're at it ..." that lies beneath it - you'd probably only yawn. Language, huh! Amazing how it has a vast ability to change everything.

It's like this morning, when it suddenly struck me, to my immense joy, that I was meeting with an undercover operative at an Italian restaurant, and slinking off to a skyway above the subway, to "do the drop", when really it was delivering Australian baby teething rusks to an old friend who's worried about what's in the Thai version and if he should be feeding them to his young son.

Oooh, and I was ... oh no!  I think I won't tell you that story. Safety should be paramount here.

It's the tail-end of a wonderful holiday.  I have such beautiful friends.  Family is lovely too. Catching up was such a genuine joy. I'll be blogging some of the stories when I'm back in HK and have my photos and more time to tell the stories properly.

So now the journey is almost reached the full circle and I'm back in Bangkok. This was meant to be a mini-romantic get-together with my hubby to celebrate the 30th anniversary of our first meeting. It's easy to remember the day because it's the same Epic Day in Australian social history that the dingo took the baby. Actually, my very first words to him were "A dingo just took a baby." so our entire marriage is kinda tied up with the Chamberlain Mystery, and in more ways than one.  That however, I'll save for another post.

In this post, however, I'll just say horrible hubby is still there in HK and isn't coming.  Dang that man!!!

Ah, only five minutes left at this cyber-cafe session. Gotta post now.

And then I'm off to play sinister DM:P.I.!  How cool is that!

1 comment:

danny said...

Very interesting travel to Bangkok. Bangkok is tourists attracting country for its beaches, monuments, historical reasons and temples.
I have also been there and two years ago.