Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another Random Photo!

Still busy sorting out photos, plus lots of other stuff is happening at the moment, so, instead of posting, today I'll just do another Random Photo.

As you know, this is where I choose a photo with my eyes shut and if it's interesting I tell you about it, and if it isn't, I won't.

I'll try to scoop one from near the end of the files so it'll be relatively recent:


Oh, that is hilarious!  I couldn't understand who these people were nor why I had taken this photo, and especially why I'd put a vignette around it ... and then I realised I wasn't seeing what was actually IN the photo.

It's the Armani shop in Hong Kong Central, and ... I'd just walked straight into the glass door.  How cringe-able is that?  The glass was so clean it looked like an open doorway thus I didn't see it and BANG!!!   Can you make out my face there?  Man, that hurt!  And I could barely walk afterwards, being totally dazed, staggery and whoozy and sincerely within a hairs-breadth of passing out.

The sales-staff came out and got me, yes, and sat me down inside and got me a glass of water, but were so passive-aggressive and nasty about it, like I'd deliberately messed up their shiny-clean glass door, so I decided to be a total bitch and hinted direly about it being their fault and that there was no sign on it to indicate the glass was there, and I think I muttered dark words about lawyers and deliberately took this photo just to scare them into being somewhat nicer.

Then, after I felt able to get about again, I left my name and address just in case they wanted to apologise by way of a very nice gift.  However, never heard from them.

Needless to say, I don't intend to sue however if they still want to send me an apology - complete with, say, a nice pair of my-choice sunglasses - I wouldn't turn them away from my door!  No siree!

No comments: