Friday, August 20, 2010

Keith's Bangkok Photos

Being a loving and nauseatingly wifely wife, I have gone through and processed Keith's photos first.  OK, OK, I really did them first because he only took a few hundred and I'm just terrified of getting around to tackling mine because it seems such an enormous and daunting task.

And I have to say I'm very pleased that, despite having a less "brilliant" top-end camera  ... MY PHOTOS ARE BETTER THAN HIS!  Yayyy!

OK, maybe not technically better, but certainly more interesting, better framed, and with a far better eye for colour and composition.  And if that isn't entirely true, let's just pretend it is so I have bragging rights, and we all know how important those are in any marriage.

I'm also planning, with his consent, to merge our photos so they're in tidy little "by location" files, simply for ease of reference and recovery, so this could be the last chance to know for certain who took what and which - thus if I ever at a future date post photos that he took I apologise in advance - so let's show the very best of his while we're still certain they're actually his:

Ah, I love these shots of the Bangkok skyline.  He took them while he was attempting to figure out how to use the "Night" function and when he saw them, begged me to press delete but I actually prefer these to the ones he took once he'd got it right:



He discovered the "Night" function is very unforgiving and the trick to taking night shots is to keep very still, or better still use a tripod, so let's see one he took of Bangkok after he learned that:



Honestly! Didn't notice in the thumbnails, but does this guy have Parkingson's or what! Let's try another:

Chinatown, Bangkok.

Let me go through his Bangkok file and see what else is good.  Ah, the ones he took of me at the glorious Shanghai Inn:





These were taken when we were playing around at the hotel because ... well, after twice been trapped for two hours each time in the Famous Bangkok Traffic Gridlock, we were frankly terrified to leave the hotel again. And also because that hotel is simply beautiful and so fun to play in.

They also had the most sublime jazz band.  These guys are known as the best jazz band in Bangkok and I can tell you they were indeed amazing:


I hope Keith remembers the band's name because I certainly don't.  Honestly! Being our age and realising you're losing faculties is annoying, isn't it!

But let's leave this for now.  Let me find the very best he took in Bangkok and go away and do something else for the rest of the day.

OK, THIS is definitely my choice of Keith's best.  And isn't it hilarious that it's taken while we're actually TRAPPED IN THE GRIDLOCK!!!

Love the resignation in his eyes in the mirror!
 
Paula, who was trapped in Bangkok during the Red Shirt Airport Lockdown a few years back, was saying she feels really exotic whenever she begins sentences with "When I was being held hostage in Bangkok ...".  It doesn't have the same ring of 'fascinating', but I have certainly earned the right to say "When I was trapped for hours in traffic in Bangkok ..."  And I'm so glad that Keith has this lovely record of it.

No comments: