Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Best Make-Out Song!

Dan Savage, sex advice columnist extraordinaire, was asked what music was the best to make-out to.  He chose these two songs:

DAN SAVAGE'S #1 MAKE-OUT SONG!!


DAN SAVAGE'S #2 MAKE-OUT SONG!!


Unless Dan Savage has some very strange and severe issues, methinks this lordly fellow is "having a lend", as they say in Australia, of those vanilla co-eds who asked.

However, it got us thinking of our favourite make-out songs and it seems everyone has at least one.

Keith chose ...


I know Keith once had a ukulele band himself, but he can't be serious. I suspect he's just "doing a Dan Savage"!  Although, I must say that clip is downright hilarious and I notice they're actually a club from Cambridge, the birthplace of a great many strange eccentricities, and I'm a great fan of those.

Putting the question out there, I have to say the replies were pretty cohesive, although that could be because most of the folk I asked were around my age.  Maybe they'd be different songs for a younger and older generation. Wonder what songs they made out to during, say, WWII?

Wendy, however, chose one entirely unexpected:


When I told Keith this was Wendy's song of choice, he said "She always says she has sex like a man.  Now I believe her."  and, yes, this really is a man's choice because it's really wham! bam!  unsentimental.  Like, where's the romance?

Mostly, yeah, it was Dire Straits, Dire Straits, Dire Straits, Dire Straits!  This song in particular:


Honestly, I'm convinced those songs, AND Mark Knopfler's guitar playing, are deliberately designed to produce pheromones when they come into contact with estrogen!

Same goes for Barry White's voice, and this song came up several times:



Also his "Practise What You Preach", but you'll have to find that one for yourself.

Joe Cocker was another favourite, particularly this:



Pheromone releaser, yes?

And this one too!  Oh man, it's gorgeous!  Seems Pete Townshend wrote it for Bette Midler but she didn't like it so he did it himself:



What was Bette thinking???  It's pure pheromonic! Sometimes we Pacific Islanders don't have a clue, do we!


Some of the other suggestions I regret to say I pooh-poohed!  I know I've run a mile when someone's put on Enigma's Principles of Lust!


And the same goes for Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing":


Some songs are just too blatant and obvious and I think subtle is a prerequisite, yeah?

Renn suggested "Sex" by the Neck ... but trying to find it took me into some pretty icky sites on youtube so don't go there.  He also suggested this one:


And a gay woman swore by this one:



 And a few souls mentioned this one:




All great choices, yes,  but the prize, at least for me, must go to this one:

DENISE'S #1 MAKE OUT SONG

No comments: