Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A'Capella!

Baby Jane is currently bonkers about a'capella singing and has just sent me this:



Goosebumps, right?

Nonetheless, I have to say she's not selling it because I AM NOT JOINING HER AT THE A'CAPELLA WORKSHOP!!!  And I have such a lousy voice, folks should thank me for my adamant stand on this subject.

And if you want proof of how lousy it is, let me tell you a little story:  Bumped into old friend Jimmy one day in town and he said "We're recording a track this afternoon for the new album and we need a woman's voice for a line.  Are you busy?"
I said "Jimmy, I can't sing."  
Jimmy said "Nonsense!  Everyone can sing!  It's only one line! And easy as pie! Nothing to be scared of!"
I said "Seriously, Jimmy.  I'm not turning you down because I'm scared.  I'm turning you down because I can't sing!"
Jimmy replied. "Oh come on!  One line!  Anyone can do it!  Here!  This line.  Sing it like this!"
And he gave me the line and I sang it and ...

"You're right.  You can't sing!  Offer retracted!"

So, seriously, the world will thank me for NOT doing a'capella workshops, no matter how good they're supposed to be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! This is a member of University of Michigan's Compulsive Lyres. We're so glad you like our rendition of Mad World! Check out our website for more info! www.compulsivelyres.com