Monday, September 22, 2008

CAUGHT!!! N.Q.

My garden in Townsville has always had possums. They live in the trees near the veranda and we got to know them well: Ol' Blind Mama, New Mama, Baby Possum and New Baby Possum.

Baby Possum in his rightful place,
in a tree eating seeds.

However, although we wished them no harm, they had their place and we had ours and, back then, the line was never crossed, so couldn't understand why, these days, the veranda was inundated with them.

Crawling over furniture.

Taunting my beloved rottweillers!
That's where they are these days. In those urns, sure,
but still on the veranda
they loved so much.


Completely fearless!

Everyone said they didn't understand it and surmised it was because I didn't have my two rottweillers, their sworn enemies, anymore.

However, I thought it had to be something more than that, and sure enough ...

The culprit, caught in the act!

... yup, I witnessed this very scene through the window!

And you know who it was, don't you!

Baby Jane with cherry in hand
looking rightfully guilty!

It all makes sense now. You are well and truly caught you know! So DON'T!!! Just DON'T!

No comments: