Monday, September 8, 2008

Indulging Talei

Talei is making much of the weird ectoplasm-y shapes on the photograph I took the other day from the path down to the road. Let me see if I can find it again:

Ectoplasm?!

But do please also note

my gorgeous lilac trim

that goes so perfectly

with the sienna.

She says that photos taken on this path are often ectoplasm-y and that there's a reason for it:

According to the neighbourhood, there is an anxious ghost who travels up and down this path. See, the people who lived here before the previous owners had a mentally handicapped child who one day went missing so the mum went searching for him. She walked down this path to the road where she was hit and killed by a speeding car. Several of the neighbours say they've seen her ghost since and that it appears she doesn't know she's dead and is still seaching for the boy ... who was safe and sound all the time and is still perfectly OK today only the family sold the place because they couldn't bear to stay here anymore ... except for the mum who seems can't leave the place.

If Ghost Whisperer has taught me anything, it's that if we ever see her we should tell her "You are dead. Your son is fine. Go towards the light."

And the moment it stops raining, to indulge Talei, I'm going down that path taking photographs and I'll post any interesting ecoplasm-y ones up here. In fact, I'll even post non-ectoplasm-y ones here too because those also say something about ... oooh, gosh knows!

36 Hours Later:

It hasn't stopped raining once but when there was a lull just now I walked the length of the path taking photographs. Haven't looked at them yet so let's see what I've got:

THE BOTTOM GARDEN

Nope, no ectoplasm.

GUEST HOUSE

No, no ectoplasm here either,

but damn that's a pretty colour scheme.

THE PATH

Mist, yes. Ectoplasm, no!


THE ROAD
Where it happened!
Mmm, no ectoplasm here either.
So, on this particular day there were no photographs taken of ectoplasm. This naturally does not mean there is no ghost, but just that today she wasn't there.
But I will tell you what I noticed they do have down that path:
Bandicoots!
Bandicoot burrows!
White tail native rats!
See how one has chewed
through this coconut!
Damn but those
are strong teeth!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you mean ectoplasM/ or is this ecoplasm some new biodegradable greenie version of it?