Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What Kills Us This Week!

Now I'm back in HK, I get to do this again. It's fun, isn't it!

And this week ... well, we all know what it is! The Milk Scandal of course!

It's horrible and horrendous and I can't believe that anyone would be so corrupt as to do something like this. Mind you, let's ignore the fact the Nestles did it in Africa back in the 70s because they're an American company, and America doesn't have evil companies! HA!!!

I think this is the last straw for a lot of people. China really does need to get its act together, doesn't it! I don't know! A rewiring of their moral code or something. And I guess the same can be said for US! What a bunch of nasty, greedy, piggish fat cats! Last week, someone said to me "How did the whole world become so corrupt, greedy, venal and evil at the same time?" I really didn't know what to reply. But I do think it points to an entire rewiring of the global moral code.

And, well, I realised what a truly bourgeois git I am when I went to the supermarket yesterday and couldn't find my favourite brand of yoghurt so I asked and it turns out that ... well, it was one of the tainted products and I thought "This can't possibly involve ME as well. This is something that's happening in China. Abstract. Remote. Way over there." but no, no such luck. So, yes, my health-giving daily tub of yoghurt has been full of melamine.

Guess I'll have to get myself checked out for kidney stones like everyone else!

But at least I buy my milk from Trappist monks and I can't see THEM doing anything like that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trappist monks stopped making that milk over a century ago. These days it's just a name.

XXX
Keith