Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Aperture Adventure!

Yucky hubby appears to have lost 27,000 photographs.  And I appear to have lost the link for putting any photos into this blog.

However, I'm a daring soul so stick with me as I wander into this wilderness to hunt down a random photo, selected with my eyes shut:

First attempt: error, please try again.

Second attempt: error, please try again.

Third attempt:


Yayyy! OK, to post a photo is now nine steps instead of three.  Honestly, husbands! I'd shoot him only police wouldn't believe that I'M the victim here!

What that photo is about, I have no idea.  It's obviously taken from our window here in Wan Chai, and it's obviously some sort of rally or protest march. And since I'd never find that photo again, nor even where it came from, we're obviously never going to know.

Let me see if I can do this entire complicated process again:


Ah, that's the pro-Beijing rally from ... mmm, three years ago?  I recall being very impressed with the way the umbrellas looked so good together and with how the front page of SCMP the next day had a similar photo of those umbrellas, taken from directly overhead, where the colours were so exactly right it was knuckle-biting.

However isn't it interesting that two different photos, both chosen entirely at random, with eyes shut, should be on the same theme and have such very similar framing. Different photo quality though!  Wonder which camera I took each with?

However, all weirdness aside, there you go.  I can now, once again, put photos into this blog.   In fact, why don't I try once more because, as a teacher, I know how important it is to consolidate learning:


OK, that is now officially WEIRD.  Another random shot turns out to be from yet another rally.  This one was the protest march after Donald Tsang, our Head Honcho, made that unfortunate remark "No one in Hong Kong cares about what happened in Tienanmen Square in 1989." and tens of thousands of Hong Kongers took to the streets to stand up and be counted saying that wasn't so.  And, yes, this time I was with them and not just hanging out our window.

Hey, do you recall that song written and posted on youtube immediately after Our Donald made that remark?  I wonder if it's still in there:



YES!!!  Gosh, we were all so angry, weren't we!

However, this Aperture Adventure is now over for today.  I now know I can, once again, post photos, so let's ignore just how very strange this wandering in the wilderness with eyes shut turned out to be and go off to see "Eat Pray Love".


Later:  As it turns out, the Aperture Adventure wasn't weird at all.  The thousand photos I found were ALL of the various rallys and protest marches I've witnessed here in HK over the past eight years.  Hubby kindly organised them for me without telling me - kill, kill, kill! - and so I've got the other 27,000 photos elsewhere ... thus, no matter what random photo I chose yesterday, it would have been a protest march.

How simple things are once they're explained!  Mind you, they're much more fun when you DON'T have the explanation!

No comments: