Friday, October 22, 2010

Well, Do I Dare!

The Magnificent Margaret, award winning author, big-time smarty-pants and dear sweet soul, has been asked to produce an anthology of poetry for high school kiddies ... and since she's looking for "the great and the edgy" I think I should rudely suggest she include some of mine.  Tee hee!

She will undoubtedly say "Don't be silly!"  but I will still offer.  And if you want to read my poetry and think high school kiddies everywhere should be exposed to the greater and edgier contents of my mind - I was going to say "soul" but I think any poet who talks about their soul should be taken out and shot - maybe you should tell her how much you love my work. 

And if you don't know my work, here's one of my sonnets as a sample:


MY SONG OF SOCIAL JUSTICE
by Denise Murphy c 2004

Equality et al does have its place,
The Rights of Man, oh, and of woman too
Undoubtedly humankind's great saving grace
To believe in this and with grateful due

For equality in all things is our right
To live by our choices, written in to law
To pursue our happiness, our great delight,
Unruled by tyrants, talons, boots and claw.

To express our thoughts, our dreams and our love,
To speak, to write, to think, all untravailed
Untrammeled by strictures, dictates from above
And all less than this suitably reviled.

But my greater love, yeah, I must confess
Is to own a bunch of slaves to clean my mess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're an unreconstructed anti anti ideologue.

Marg

Denise said...

Guess this means you don't want to publish it!

Now I'm sad!

However I'm even sadder that I actually understand your review.