Sunday, November 30, 2008

Still OK in Bangkok

Just received a letter from Gerald and he's OK. Seems he didn't leave for the Airport afterall.

Here's what he says:

"Just had a very unpleasant breakfast. The hotel this morning is full of mostly Germanic types. It was so pleasant here when the place was deserted but for us doctor types.

I was seated for my breakfast by the waitress at one of the few tables available, ordered a coffee which arrived three requests later, had a sip, left my bag on the seat and went to get eggs and juice. Came back and some Polish types were in my seat. Pointing out that my bag was on the seat, and now on the floor, and my sipped coffee on the table, would not get them to budge. So I found another table thinking about how the sooner they weld back that Iron Curtain and start firing missiles at them the better.

Anyway, after another three requests I got another pot of coffee, and then found a moth doing backstroke in the milk; no, he must have been doing butterfly. More milk finally arrived, but my, was it good coffee! Definitely worth the wait. Must be the Dopamine thing, hey Maria? Anticipation is the best sauce and is best served hot. Or is that revenge?

So to soothe my rage, I am off to see "some epelants"!

By the way, Jane, one of your doctors from Innisfail is here, Simon and wife Pam. Says he is related to me via the Raggs, knows a lot about Fiji but has never been there."

So Gerald is still OK and I'm thinking of how foolish I've been with all this fretful searching through news photographs with a magnifying glass and worrying.

No comments: