Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Off Again!

Am off again tomorrow up to China for several days. It's a work thing. And not nearly as interesting as it sounds.

However, this trip I promise that I will do my darnedest to locate, visit and photograph Bao Mo Gardens.

As you recall, these are the gardens created 600 years ago by the artist whose name I have forgotten but who created that amazing style of painting that's done with black ink on wet rice paper. All hills rising up out of the mist; that type of thing. Actually, whenever I think of Chinese art, his style is what immediately comes to mind, so he really was a major innovator.

And Bao Mo Gardens have been on the "100 Great Treasures of China" every century since they were created ... and it's astonishing to me that no one in China appears to have heard of them.

Nonetheless, I am determined to put my ability to 'meta-language' to the test and see if I can locate them, despite not being able to speak more than six sentences in Chinese.

Can you wait to see how I do?

No comments: