Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Update on the Robbery!

You know how I've been carrying around my copy of the Guangzhou police report? Although I had no idea what it said, I was thinking of it as something like a talisman against such a time as I'm arrested as a result of something criminal done by the person who'll end up being me when those Arab guys sell my identity off to someone felonious and evil?

Well, at Immigration yesterday (yes, it's more than a month later and I'm still putting together my documentation) (gosh, I detest those thieves!), I hand over a photocopy in order to explain why I need reissuing of all my visas, and the woman behind the desk reads it, gasps and says "You can't use this!"

She translates it for me: nasty desk sergeant has written that I reported a robbery to him and that Guangzhou police investigated and discovered nothing in it!

Yup, it basically says I lied! This is undeniably evil, isn't it! There was no investigation. We were told there would be no investigation. Yet, this is what the police report says! That they investigated and discovered it didn't happen!

Wait a second ... why is this the first time I've been told that this is what is says in this report? I used it all through my Travails in the China Official Labyrinth and no one said a word!

Maybe they're all used to it, know the police reports lie, and just know to read between the lines!

China! China! China! Dear oh dear! Our Northern Brethren sooo need to translate and print Rousseau's "Social Contract"! Things can't remain like this. It truly is an evil country, isn't it! I don't want to think this, but when they have officials who do things like this, and get away with it, I can't think of the place any other way!

No comments: