Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Confession!

Our Margaret snapped  "Yeah, you talk about me all the time, but I bet you never post that you stole an umbrella!"

I'm up for that bet.

Yes, folks, I stole an umbrella.  

However, it was all Margaret's fault.

What happened was that we were shopping around Kowloon Bay when she peremptorily handed me her umbrella saying "Carry this!"  Me, the Timorous Wee Mouse that I am, five nervous paces behind her, indeed did so.

But then we stopped for coffee, however there were no seats, so this kindly Mainland Chinese lady signalled that we could share her booth, so that's what we did.

Then, as we were leaving later, me again trailing five nervous paces behind Margaret, I had that "I was carrying more" feeling, stopped dead, thought about it, and realising I was no longer carrying an umbrella, raced back to the booth, grabbed the umbrella lying under the table and left, racing to catch up with Margaret.

It wasn't until we were in the MTR, when Margaret said "When did you buy that umbrella?" I realised that Margaret was now carrying her own ... and that I'd stolen the one owned by Kindly Mainland Lady.

Oops!

So you can see how it was all Margaret's fault, can't you? 

And so, Margaret, you lost this bet, and I have a nice red Dior umbrella that I will willingly return to Kindly Mainland Lady if she asks for it.

No comments: