Friday, December 11, 2009

Psst! Secret!

I wish I could link back to previous posts. Keith has done some new 'you-beaut' linking gizmo he's attached to my blog that chooses the links for me, and so if you click on them you're taken to all these various commercial interests, which isn't in the spirit of what this blog tries to be, and, the worst part, is that it no longer lets me choose the links I want.

But if I could link back, I'd take you to my post about this wonderful shop we discovered that has the most knuckle-bitingly perfect 1000 threadcount Egyptian cotton bedsheet sets ... and then you'd see that I said this store, although wonderful, was run by a true idiot and I predicted it wouldn't last a year and how you could see that the store staff were all secretly planning how they were going to take over the market.

Well, we're off now to the closing down sale. Yes, I know I said that four sets of 1000 threadcount Egyptian cotton bedsheet were enough to last me a lifetime, but when you're dealing with a true idiot why not take full advantage of it. Yes? Besides, there's always gifts, la! Like, Didi's getting married next year, and the Platonic Ideal in bedsheet sets always makes the best wedding present, so whatever we pick up today will be intended as gifts, and not us being big fat-cat over-consuming heartless Planet-Killers.


Later:

We're back from a wonderful afternoon's shopping ...

... and, yes, it turns out we are big fat-cat over-consuming heartless Planet-Killers.

But, but, but ... double click on the photo to see the super-high thread-count on the sheets we got. I mean, hotel quality sheets are only 400 thread count, and they are known to last about six years even with daily washing, so separating this fool from her amazing stock is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, thus we'd be stupid not to buy, buy, buy, buy, buy.

And, psst, another secret: going back again on Monday!

No comments: