Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Peak Shot

Was looking at my Peak photos for a shot to show Collette, chose one I thought was good ... then saw this one Andy took ...


The view from halfway up HK's Peak.

... and realised all mine weren't in the same league.

And what makes this so particularly awful is that Andy took this with his mobile phone.

Just wrong, huh!

Going through all my old photos, I noticed too that the quality of my photos has dropped since three years ago so I'm now missing my old camera again. No, not the one that was stolen up in China, which never took good photos - always all dark and grim with this delay I couldn't take off that meant I always missed the shot I was after. No, I mean the one before that; the one that literally exploded in my hand. A Sanyo something? I'll have to look it up.

My current camera isn't even really a camera. It's actually my film camera - my lovely Sanyo Xacti HD which I'm never without - but without a proper camera-camera since the robbery, I'm using this for now till I decide how to get another exactly like my first, only which won't explode.

Hey, here's a mildly funny story: when I went back to the store where I bought my first Sanyo camera and found the guy who'd sold it to me only three years earlier and told him the camera had exploded in my hand, his reply was "Sanyo's don't explode so it must have been a fake." and when I tried to explain that I'd got it at this very store, his English instantly fell away to nothing, so, short of strangling him, there really wasn't anything I could do.

Maybe Sanyo would like to comment on this: do Sanyo cameras explode?

And how come a mobile phone is able to take a better photo than my second Sanyo camera?

No comments: