Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Shhh! We'wre Hunting Wabbits!

Bob took us up the hill at the royal city of Kuala Selangor outside KL to feed the monkeys. It was fun so let me take you through it so you can feel you've done it too:

THE HILL

Bukit Melawati


WALKING THE ROAD

Actually took this shot long 
after we found the monkeys.
I'm just including it so 
you know what the road looks like.

HUNTING FOR MONKEYS

No monkeys.

ONLY A FEW MACAQUES


We don't like macaques. The ones around Quarry Bay in HK hang around outside McDonalds and attack folk to steal any McBurger that comes outside.  They are always so mean, we think the McDonalds there should start serving McAque Burgers.


FINALLY, MONKEYS!

These are Silver Langurs
aka the Silver Leaf Monkeys.

MORE MONKEYS



OBSCENE NUMBERS OF MONKEYS

This is where they choose to 
live these days rather than trees.
Kinda worried about 
brain tumours from that EMF.


THE MONKEY FOOD WARS

China, with their one child policy, is creating a monster future problem for themselves with all their spoilt-brat overly-entitled "Little Emperors":

This one was rather a sweetie 
however, but, lordy, the junk food!

I got cross because of the amount of junk food they were feeding to the monkeys so, childish as I am, I went to war with these kiddies, and the moment I'd spot anyone feeding pocky or twisties to a monkey I'd race over with the asparagus stalks:

Spotting another family of 
monkey junk-feeders.

"Here! Throw away those twisties!"

"Yayyy! I win!!!"

BABY MONKEYS

Spotted a monkey holding this really strange golden something ...


... so raced in to figure out what it was:

It's a baby monkey.
I wonder how she explained THAT
to her husband.

A better shot!

Silver Langurs have golden babies. Isn't that strange. And they're so beautiful too.

Tried to take heart-warming shots on a "mums and babies" theme, but none of the photos are very good:

What do they say about never 
working with children or animals?

And so, after only an hour, we're done!

TOTALLY OVER MONKEYS

Waiting for the others to finish.

When I googled to find the name of this monkey, I came across another blog where the guy has fed these monkeys too. If you want to check it out:  here.   And, if you do check it out, please note that I'm the one spelling Bukit Melawati correctly. And also please tell me that you like my photos better, even if you have to lie.

No comments: