Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dafen Annie!

You remember Annie, don't you?  The charming resident English-speaker at Hui Dan Gallery in Dafen, the artist's village in Shenzhen in Mainland China?  If you don't, here she is:

Annie, a little sweetheart!

I don't have to tell you much about her since she's been a regular in this blog for two years now. In fact, why don't I gather all the stories from the archives and put them here.

Well, BIG NEWS! Annie wrote today to say she's left Hui Dan and has opened her own gallery, taking the best of their artists with her. 

Exciting, huh!  Ambitious wee soul and who can blame her?  She'd been with Hui Dan since at least 2004 when I first met her so I guess she feels she's learned the business and is ready to fly solo.

I don't have all the details of her new place yet but will definitely visit her next time I'm in Dafen and will post everything when I see it for myself.

In the meantime, if you want to deal with Dafen and have painting or portraits done, Annie can be reached at: annie0818hotmail@sina.com


View Da Fen, Shenzhen in a larger map

 

No comments: