Wednesday, March 3, 2010

F is for Art

Don't you detest going to an art opening and having no idea what the artist is on about.

Here's my latest-to-hate:




Like, say what?

And WHY?

Back when I was younger and more tolerant, if I didn't get it I'd find the artist and ask him/her to explain but I quickly realised a lot of these artiste folk are true idiots and you mostly don't want to know what's happening in their heads.

These days, older and wiser, I just snort "Self-Indulgence Twaddle" under my breath and leave it at that.

And, like, I can't even stand these chairs he's selected:


Mind you, this idea would be a damn fine one in a furniture showroom someplace; maybe one of those showrooms in a giant warehouse in one of those new development suburbs with names like Park City or Garden Glen, where land developers called Bryce or Madison or Carnegie have cut down spectacular groves of trees to build sienna-painted stucco three-bedroom, three bathroom ticky-tackies built out of the same stuff this HK artist has used to fabricate this sad little world, and which develop cracks within a year and which constantly out-gas, slowly poisoning the families who have excitedly moved in, believing they've significantly up-graded their lifestyles and are thus achieving their Dreams!

Hey, maybe this is what this artist is trying to say with this!

But ... is it ART?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoy, be careful what you say about those assembly-line houses, seeing as your sister has just brought one and your neice is currently living in one! :P