Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Molly Moment!

Have to share this:

In town and this little teenage girl comes up to me and shyly says "I have seen you before. You go to Seven Rubies. Are you going again this year?"

I have NO idea what she's talking about but I respect her courage for coming up to talk to a stranger especially when her English is so poor so "Yes, I think so." I reply.

"It's such crazy fun. I love it so much."

OK, key words "crazy fun" and I get it:  HK7s.  Rugby. This weekend.



"Yes, it's always such crazy fun.  Are you going this year?"

"Yes, I work at Seven Rubies.  My job is with Carlsberg Beer. I am a go-go girl Carlsberg promoter."

So, yes, of course she'll have fun.  Those girls wear mini skirts and white go-go boots and bring around massive skeins of beer. I think I have photos, only I won't look for one now. No time.

Later:  Couldn't find any Carlsberg Gogo Girls but here's a Guiness Girl to give you some idea.



But still, I have no idea how or why our little Carlsberg Gogo Girl would notice me. Or maybe it's because she's one of the girls in the photo. And I had no idea the Chinese call it "Seven Rubies".

Mmm, wonder what all those international hordes of tough macho rugger-buggers would make of their sport being called A Ruby Game.

No comments: