Monday, March 28, 2011

Are they?

I just heard a whisper of a rumour that ... well, that American singer Cher doesn't know it - what with being illegitimate and all - but that her dad is actually a Native American from the Cree Nation and is a cousin of singer Buffy Saint Marie! 

You know me.  I can never resist a mystery, and you can never tell me anything without me checking it out, and so, for want of proper information, have been rummaging around on youtube looking for young Buffy so I can compare her to a young Cher and look for resemblances.

Well, you will never guess - well, actually you will! - but have a look at what I just found:



Now if we compare it with ...



... is it just me or are we all getting a resounding "Yes!" from these!  I mean, it's not just the faces, have a look at those bodies and those legs in particular! And not to mention a more than slight similarity in the timbre of their exceptional voices!

Sticking with this same theme, about a decade ago someone told me that Bob Marley was actually a cousin of English actor Nigel Havers (now Lord Havers, having inherited is title from his dad), so I tracked down photos of both of them as young men, and placed them side by side and those faces had so much in common - seriously, check it out for yourself - I came away saying "It's not impossible." although taking it through the family trees of both, it was too obscure to nail for definite.

Let me see if youtube can also deliver something on this theme:



How could I have doubted St Youtube, Patron Saint of The Ulimate Delivery?

So freeze it on 0.6 or 0.7 where you have a close-up! Now let's look for young Bob!

No! I can't find any YOUNG Bob Marley and most of his live footage is "embedding request denied" so I've got only this one:



Yes! No!  I'm kinda on the side of "Mmmm?" followed up with a "Not entirely impossible" because there's enough there so you too can see that there could be a smidgen of truth to that rumour.

And it's definitely the same with this one - Buffy and Cher - so I for one am not discounting it altogether, although I have no idea how to dive into those family trees and so, for once, am not taking this any further!  Maybe someone else would like to?

No comments: